[Samba] LDAP WBEL

Chris tmp40703 at realcomputerguy.com
Mon Sep 6 16:49:32 GMT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 12:08 pm, Ganeshram Iyer wrote:
> One
> thing I am unable to understand is which directory is equivalent to
> Windows "Program Files" where all users have common programs installed
> for use.

Linux is a bit different but logical (maybe more so) nonetheless, but this
isn't the place for that discussion. Understand that with Windows most
installs place dll's in other folders (%windir%\system32 for one) and stuff
data in the registry (usually multiple places) and sometimes creating and
editing other supplementary files/folders as well.
I think that for the most part Linux is a lot "cleaner" (very close to, if not
at the same point it was before the install) after a program uninstall than
Windows.
Use 'linux filesystem structure' (without the quotes) in a Google search and
you will find enough informational assistance.