[Samba] LDAP WBEL

Ganeshram Iyer ganeshramiyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 6 16:08:51 GMT 2004

Alan Munday wrote:

>>Thanks to everyone for their LDAP recommendations. But as my
>>luck would
>>have it, I managed to crash my Whitebox server. The X server
>>just never
>>starts up. And this happened after I installed Firefox 0.9.3 to
>>/usr/lib/firefox. As soon as I did that my server crashed. With the
>>number of problems I am encountering with my Linux server I
>>think I am
>>just going to reinstall everything. My gnome-desktop has crashed at
>>least a dozen times in the last month (and the machine has
>>been running only for that long).
>>

>Try checking the directory tree where you installed firefox to.
>
>I had a bunch of directories disappear around /usr/local/ when I installed
>firefox.
>
>Alan

I guess I posted this to the wrong list but thanks for your reply. One
thing I am unable to understand is which directory is equivalent to
Windows "Program Files" where all users have common programs installed
for use. I tried to install Firefox to the same directory sturcture
where Mozilla is installed and BOOM. But I guess that is a question for
general Linux lists. If you prefer you can continue to post your reply
directly to me.

Thanks
Ganesh