[Samba] 'point-and-print' general questions

Chris McKeever techjedi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:07:59 GMT 2004

I have gotten 'point-and-print' working, but there are a couple small
issues/questions I am trying to get my grasp around:

- rpcclient print-1201 -U root%secret -c 'enumdrivers'
  this lists the drivers twice (I saw one other post about this,
without any followup)

- When adding drivers via the Windows APW, after uploading the drivers
and the APW closing - are you supposed to CANCEL out of the printers
property window?  If not, the printer on the server get renamed with
how the driver wants to name it

- When the above happens, I have only found the ability to delete the
printer from windows, I have'n't found a rpcclient (or similar) to
delete the printer (ie addprinter opposite)

- Lastly, what happens _if_ two separate print drivers have a same
file name?  Everything gets tucked into the same directory??

Thank You -
Chris