[Samba] Samba PDC in many branch offices + one LDAP database -how to change passwords?

Gustavo Lima listas at opendf.com.br
Thu Oct 28 15:48:04 GMT 2004

        As far as I know there´s a command used in smb.conf that makes a
samba BDC redirect changes to the master LDAP. I never used it before but
should work.

ldap replication sleep (G)
    When  Samba  is  asked  to  write  to a read-only LDAP replica, we are
redirected to talk to the read-write master server. This server then
replicates our changes back to the 'local' server, however  the  replication
might  take some  seconds,  especially  over slow links. Certain client
activities, particularly domain joins, can become confused by the 'success'
that does not immediately change the LDAP back-end's data.

     This option simply causes Samba to wait a short time, to allow the LDAP
server to catch up. If you have a particularly  high-latency network,  you
may wish to time the LDAP replication with a network sniffer, and increase
this value accordingly. Be aware that no checking is performed that the data
has actually replicated.

      The value is specified in milliseconds, the maximum value is 5000 (5
seconds).

      Default: ldap replication sleep = 1000