[Samba] Samba 3.0.5 and Winbind

DAVIES Rob Rob.DAVIES at Tenix.com
Thu Oct 28 07:39:31 GMT 2004

G'day,

I have recently compiled and installed Samba 3.0.5 onto a Solaris 9 box. I am authenticating through the local Active Directory using Kerberos. Most things work well, only problem that I can see so far is that when I go to list (long format) the contents of a directory that contain files owned by AD groups it just hangs there and doesn't display the result of the directory listing. The minute I change the files back to being owned by a local group it works a treat. Also "getent group" seems to drop out after displaying the first AD group it can find, however "getent group AD-group" (where AD-group is the actual AD group I'm enquiring about) actually does return the details about the group. wbinfo -g also returns all the AD groups.

my nsswitch.conf files for passwd and group are as follows:

passwd:     files winbind
group:      files winbind

I'm just wondering whether anyone out there has had similar problems when doing long directory listings and whether there is a fix for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Rob