[Samba] Password server is not connected.

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Oct 27 15:13:48 GMT 2004

>We are using "security=server", which is an Active Directory.

I'm pretty sure that 2.2.x doesn't do active directory well, if at all.
In any case, I would suggest 2.2.12 if you must use the old unsupported
version.

To compile 3.0.x to run against Sun's LDAP server, the stated procedure
is to compile against openldap libraries, which will give you the
abilitiy to talk to any ldap server.  You just need to tell samba how to
speak the language of ldap, not Sun's particular dialect.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322