[Samba] Home drives not being mounted. Samba 3.0.7 vs W2k TS. More.

Stephen Borrill samba at precedence.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 09:36:01 GMT 2004

Further to my email the other day (to which I've not had any response):
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-October/094713.html

As a recap, when users log onto a Terminal Server, they connect to their
home areas on Samba 3.0.7 (security=domain) with the Terminal Server
running as a PDC. When a number of users log on at around the same time,
in many cases the drives are not being mapped and Samba is giving the
error NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS.

I was musing whether it is a Terminal Services specific issue. Namely, the
MultipleUsersOnConnection option being missing in W2K
( http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=818528 ) and so one smbd process
being overloaded by simultaneous connections. The fix referred to in the
KB article is not available from Microsoft for free.

--
Stephen