[Samba] The behavior of srvmrg.exe with Samba an adding machines

Michael Liebl diese-email-adresse-wird-nicht-gelesen at der-mic.de
Fri Oct 22 06:17:35 GMT 2004

Hi List,
as discussed earlier, adding machines to a domain works in different ways
i you use srvmrg.exe oder adding while joining the domain.
Read about that here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-October/094310.html

Igor Belyi said:
>| Interesting case... The request comes from Windows to update machine
>| account with a bunch of new values and in this request RID of the
>| primary group for the account (group_rid) is listed as 513 (0x201).
>|
>| If you look at the 'fields_present' in the request you will notice that
>| it requests almost all information to be updated - 09f827fa (this is a
>| bitwise mask of fields to be updated). When I add a computer in my
>| domain I have it only '00c4 fields_present : 01100002'. Note, that on
>| the other hand I have similar set of data updates when I create normal
>| user with usrmgr.exe: "00c4 fields_present : 08f827fa".

So, just to finish this, who is guilty? ;-)

Samba? Has Samba to recheck the flags given from srvmgr.exe and should not
run 'set primary group script'? I mean, Samba knows in any way that the
account is a machine, because Samba sets the "W" attibute.

Comments and discussion suggested. TIA.

--
    <) .--.
    )#=+  '