[Samba] Re: Samba / Cups and PDF'S

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Thu Oct 21 23:18:36 GMT 2004

Flewid Productions wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to samba, or to cups, or to
> something else. I have a samba 3.0.7 server acting as a PDC, and print
> server for my wonderfully overcomplicated home network setup. The
> problem is when I send a PDF to the cups server to be printed, it only
> prints the first page then the cups mgmt interface will say that the job
> is completed.

Do you mean that you send it to Samba which in its turn sends it to CUPS
server or that you use CUPS client to send it to CUPS server? If the
first, try to do it without Samba involved. If it will fix your problem
- it's some kind of Samba bug and you're on the right list. If not - it
has nothing to do with Samba and you need to try your luck with CUPS folks.

Igor