[Samba] Samba / Cups and PDF'S

Flewid Productions flewidproductions at rogers.com
Thu Oct 21 13:53:03 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to samba, or to cups, or to
something else. I have a samba 3.0.7 server acting as a PDC, and print
server for my wonderfully overcomplicated home network setup. The
problem is when I send a PDF to the cups server to be printed, it only
prints the first page then the cups mgmt interface will say that the job
is completed. If it's a very large (+4mb) PDF, it will print the first
page, or half of the frst page and then the CUPS mgmt inteface gives an
error saying it was aborted. Could this merely be a memory issue? I
believe there is only 256 megs in that machine.

If i'm asking the wrong people, please let me know and I'll go somewhere
else, I've tried searching google, but the only results I find are
printing with CUPS-PDF, which i also have working, and it works fine (I
can even print pdf's to it and it will create another multiple page pdf)..

thanks in advance,
matt