[Samba] Trusting and Trusted Domain Samba LDAP (mapping Home Directories) Problem

Adrian Chow achow at uwcsea.edu.sg
Thu Oct 21 10:40:49 GMT 2004

Hi,

Here is my scenario:-
1.  I got 1 LDAP server with two domains (A & B) configured to it.
2.  Both domain PDCs are fully trusted to one another.  I did the
"trustdom establish" both ways.
3.  I have 1 XP client that has joined Dom A.  The login bar can allow
you to login to 2 domains.
4.  I can managed to login to both domains.
5.  I got all the sambaHomePath and home drive done properly on both
servers in terms of LDAP portions.

Problem:-
When I login (from XP client) to Dom A, no problem.  The home drive gets
mapped.
When I login to Dom B, the home drive never gets mapped.  The login
scripts never run.  "net use x: /home" on the xp client says: "the user
home directory cannot be determined."  But \\domB\homes on windows
explorer worked!!

I turn all syslog to debug and check everything on BOTH PDCs.  NO
errors!  What is going wrong?

Funny thing is that the Dom A PDC will query the Dom B for passwd auth
check during the "net use x: /home".  Then it will query itself for the
sambaHomeDrive details and such.... no errors at all... but logging in
to Dom B cannot do it.

I have also tried unjoining Dom A and rejoining Dom B.  The results is
vice versa.  That means Logging in to Dom B got no problems in terms of
mapping.  But Logging in to Dom A got problems.....

Can anyone shed a light for me in this?  I was about to do mass
deployment.  My version of Samba is 3.07 for Dom B and 3.04 for Dom A.
They are running on Debian.

Thanks.

adrian