[Samba] Applications that need admin privileges

jan ardosa lance_devera at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 05:04:17 GMT 2004

Hi guys, I have a working samba and openldap pdc which is actively being tested. I have a group of users that have specifics tools to use such as oracle client tools (sqlplus etc). I tried to logon as a test user and run the sqlplus but nothing happened, I tried adding this user to the local poweruser group but it produced the same result. Can this be achieved?

It works fine if this user is a member of local admin group which I dont want to do because I want to limit what they can do to their workstations. Anyone out here who had a similar experience? Thanks for any help

Jan