[Samba] winbind and ads

Robert St.Denis stdenisro at AGR.GC.CA
Tue Oct 19 11:36:47 GMT 2004

Well as I mentioned our tree is rather large, and the users are sorted
by region (not my idea), which means they aren't in any single given
ou=.  And those ou='s are all over the place.  I am seeing a whole lot
of traffic on ethereal where it looks like winbind is checking the whole
tree whenever someone tries to connect.

So I figured it might be best to limit the amount of the tree winbind
has to look at since I don't mind telling our ads guys to make one ou=
for all our users (just web developpers and such).

I recently saw there is a postfix section I can add to smb.conf, but not
sure if thats what we are looking for ?

Rob