[Samba] Is it possible to specify read only by netgroup for hostname entries?

David Pullman dpullman at cme.nist.gov
Wed Oct 13 21:36:47 GMT 2004

I'm not seeing any way to do this in any of the documentation, but...

We have NFS shares that are equivalent to our SAMBA shares and the NFS
server can be set to share rw to one netgroup of machines and ro to
another netgroup of machines (our lab machines).

Is there any way to do that in SAMBA?  It seems that hosts allow can
specify a netgroup of machines, but there does not seem to be any way to
specify a read list or something like that for machines, only for user
names or netgroups of usernames.

Any chance I'm missing something that could make this work?

Thanks very much.

--
David Pullman