[Samba] Redirect "My Documents" for NT through XP

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Tue Oct 12 19:27:31 GMT 2004

I have seen ways to redirect "My Documents" for XP through the registry, and
I've seen ways to do it in NT if you have NT server actually connected to
your PDC.  I've seen ways to do it in 9x if you have Windows 98 somewhere so
that you can use their policy editor.  Isn't there some way that I can do it
for everyone all at once?  I don't happen to have any Win98 machines.  I only
have one NT server which is not connected to the domain.  I really want to
redirect My Documents because I'm worried about what will happen if someone
saves a document and their machine crashes before they log out of the PDC
(no, Windows NEVER crashes).

Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, ifmember.exe is beautiful.  If
anyone needs help with group-aware logon.bat scripts, I will be glad to give
you some examples.

Misty