[Samba] Point'n'Print: adddriver / WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Mon Oct 11 13:40:42 GMT 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 13:44, Philip Maurer wrote:
> I guess this directory listing should answer your questions:
>
> /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86/:
> total 577
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     48 Oct  5 16:34 2
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root     48 Oct  5 16:34 3
> -rwxr--r--  1 root root  65645 Oct  5 16:17 HP_LaserJet_4100_Series.ppd
> -rwxr--r--  1 root root  14234 Oct  5 16:17 cups5.hlp
> -rwxr--r--  1 root root 280268 Oct  5 16:17 cupsdrv5.dll
> -rwxr--r--  1 root root 219540 Oct  5 16:17 cupsui5.dll
>
> /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86/2:
> total 0
>
> /etc/samba/drivers/W32X86/3:
> total 0
>
> Is there anything obviously wrong?
Not as long as there is a Samba root account (That's important!) and you're
using the rpcclient command, as you mentioned (here from localhost):

rpcclient localhost -N -U'root%pass' -c 'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"printer:cupsdrv5.dll:HP_Laserjet_4100_Series.ppd:cupsui5.dll:cups5.hlp:NULL:RAW:NULL"'

I created the files with the same permission as mentioned above. No problems.
Just be aware, that your printer admin "maph" might not have write permissions
in your driver dir.

Sorry, no other idea :-(

Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de