[Samba] Re: Folder disappears after mounting a share

Charles Culver cculver at sussex.tec.nj.us
Sun Oct 10 20:54:05 GMT 2004

I actually used smb4k to browse and mount the share.  It automatically
creates the folder for you with the correct permissions before mounting.
I have also tried using linneighborhood.  That does the exact same
thing.

I don't think it is a permissions problem on my machine because almost
all of the machines on the network have shares and can be mounted in
this same manner.

It seems to only be shares on Windows 2003 server machines that this
happens.

I don't know what it could be.  I have a 2003 server at home and I can
mount those shares just fine.  It's just at work.  It probably has
something to do with the domain.  I changed that domain policy for
signing to disabled, so that's not it.

Back with Samba 2.28 (I think it was) in the older Mandrake 10.0, this
was working fine.

I upgraded to 10.1 and it didn't work anymore.  I wasn't sure if the
upgrade did something stupid, so I clean installed it.  It didn't make a
difference.

I just don't know why mounting a share with Samba would make the
mountpoint folder disappear.