[Samba] Re: Folder disappears after mounting a share

Charles Culver cculver at sussex.tec.nj.us
Sun Oct 10 20:02:57 GMT 2004

I am having the same problem.  Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

At home on my workgroup style network, this works fine.  At work on my
domain style network, I can connect to most of the computers and servers
except a few.

When I mount the windows share, the folder I mounted to disappears from
Konqueror view.  In a terminal window, the folder is not visible either.
It doesn't appear to be hidden because ls -a doesn't show it.  It also
doesn't show as root either.

-Charles