[Samba] Cant fetch on Window network due to special characters in filename.

R K linuxtechie at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 08:52:25 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I am new to this group :) . Please accept my warm regards!

While I am trying to access files on Windows share that contains special
names the smbclient fails up as shown below:

Lets say the filename is  Bryan Adams - Let's Make a Night to Remember.mp3

I get following error:

Domain=[MYDOMAIN] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND opening remote file \\bryan adams\Bryan
Adams - Lets

How do I take care of this problem?

Thanks
-RK