[Samba] logon scripts by group

Lee Baker lbaker at mcauley.org.uk
Wed Oct 6 15:49:51 GMT 2004

Step 1:
Create a NETLOGON share with a group variable in the path
e.g. /domain_data/netlogon_shares/%g

Step 2:
In the [globals] section of your conf file enter the name of your script
for 'logon script' (e.g. login.bat)

Step 3:
On your samba PDC create folders for each group name in
/domain_data/netlogon/ (or whatever location you have chosen)
make sure that users will have read only access.

Step 4:
Put your login.bat scripts in each folder (you may want to use symbolic
links if many groups use the same script - it will make it easier to
edit in future).

Hope this helps,

Lee Baker