[Samba] logon scripts by group

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Wed Oct 6 16:56:39 GMT 2004

Misty Stanley-Jones schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a hard time figuring out how to have logon scripts that only
> execute if the user is a member of a certain group.  I had the smart idea of
> putting the supplemental logon script in a share only available to the group,
> and then calling it from the normal logon script using "CALL
> "path_to_script".  However it looks like it always executes that CALL even if
> the user is not part of a group, and I don't want to confuse my users by the
> text that goes into the DOS window that pops up to run the logon scripts.
> Also, somehow I feel like there must be a better way to do this, some way to
> query Samba for group membership as the user logs in.
>
> Also, is there a such thing as a logoff script?  Or do I need to put those
> things in postexec scripts?  (things like "net use /d *")
>
> Thanks for your assistance to this non-Windows user!
>
> Misty
hi,
the simpelst way is to use to create one default script for every user
default.bat and write a ifmember statement ( ifmember.exe is in the win
resource kit) which leads then to a "group.bat".
there is also a tool called hidecmd to make the popup at logon unvisible
and cpau ( with crypt ) to give admin rights if you desire to implement
higher access statements.
Regards