[Samba] Group mapping, Samba 3.0.7, and Win 2k SP4

Greg J. Zartman, P.E. greg at leiinc.com
Tue Oct 5 19:11:46 GMT 2004

I'm running Samba 3.0.7 as a PDC on a Redhat 7.3 box and have setup
group mapping on the required domain groups to local unix groups.  All
seems fine here.

When I log in to the samba domain with a Win XP client or Win2x client
pre SP 4, all is fine.  The user comes in as a member of what ever
mapped domain group they've been assigned.  However, if I log in on Win
2k SP4, the user comes in as a member of the default windows guest
group.  For some reason Win2k SP 4 doesn't seem to be pulling the domain
group information from Samba.  Anyone else seeing this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Greg
--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.