[Samba] Re: Scaleable LDAP Backends for Samba; Domain Controllers group access

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Tue Oct 5 04:32:34 GMT 2004

> objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6921.1.18
>     NAME 'nssBisGroup'
>     DESC 'Adds POSIX Attributes To A GroupOfNames'
>     SUP top
>     AUXILIARY
>     MUST ( cn, gidNumber )
>     MAY ( userPassword, description )
>  )

Uh... gee, on second thought I don't see how this is going to work with
the smbldap scripts nor do I know if this will take a sambaGroupMapping.
It would be pointless to have the database structure correct (or at
least more correct) if in the process we invalidate the provided
management tools or make it so that samba cannot also use the group.

I mean I know you are sharp enough to write your own scripts and there
is the likelihood that I could also given the time.  Unfortunately we
cannot assume this about our newbie admins who will be reading the
resulting HOWTO.

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|