[Samba] Re: Scaleable LDAP Backends for Samba; Domain Controllers group access

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Tue Oct 5 04:18:05 GMT 2004

> So load -

Load? How do you mean?  I assume I have to put this in a schema file
somewhere, but where does it go? I note that nis.schema is read only.
I've tried a couple of things already but no dice. Keep getting errors.

BTW, I assume that once finished, this will take a sambaGroupMapping also?

> objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6921.1.18
>     NAME 'nssBisGroup'
>     DESC 'Adds POSIX Attributes To A GroupOfNames'
>     SUP top
>     AUXILIARY
>     MUST ( cn, gidNumber )
>     MAY ( userPassword, description )
>  )
>
> Since groupOfNames already requires cn, you just add a gidNumber and the
> objectclass to groups that you want to be OS groups.
> And set the NSS configuration to:
> nss_map_objectclass posixGroup nssBisGroup
> pam_member_attribute member

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings at hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings at njs.netlab.cz	|