[Samba] INVALID PIPE HANDLE

Will Patnaud will at patnaud.com
Tue Oct 5 04:17:30 GMT 2004

I'm trying to use Samba 3.0.5 on a slackware 10 system and am having
problems getting my XP Pro machines to join the domain.  Whenever I try to
add a machine to the domain the error "the remote procedure call failed"
is shown.

When I look at the samba log file I see the entry "api_fd_reply: INVALID
PIPE HANDLE: 746f" cooresponding to the time I tried to add the machine.
Other than this problem I can access shares fine, just not add the machine
to the domain.

Any ideas?

Will

I'll copy my smb.conf below:

[global]
	workgroup = WLHC
	server string = WLHC Server
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	log file = /var/log/samba.%m
	max log size = 50
	load printers = No
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd %u
	delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
	add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
	delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
	delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/deluser %u %g
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %u
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 33
	preferred master = Yes