[Samba] Re: Samba + OpenLdap replication problem

Mattia mattia at sinapto.net
Mon Oct 4 13:29:51 GMT 2004

Igor Belyi wrote:
> Mattia wrote:
>
>> [root at bdc root]# slapadd -l Master.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
>> slapadd: bad configuration file!
>

> Try adding "-d 15" to your slapadd command for more verbose explanation
> of the error.
>
> Igor

Igor, thanks a lot!
Now it's much clearer

[root at bdc root]# slapadd -l Master.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -d 15
slapadd init: initiated tool.
bdb_initialize: initialize BDB backend
bdb_initialize: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3, 2003)
 >>> dnNormalize: <cn=Subschema>
<<< dnNormalize: <cn=subschema>
could not open config file "/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema": No such
file or directory (2)
slapadd: bad configuration file!

in fact now I remember I had to manually copy this file in the right
directory when I've installed the master too...
now it works great

[root at bdc root]# slapadd -l Master.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
[root at bdc root]#

Thanks to all for the help

Bye... Mattia