[Samba] Re: [cups.general] Re: Windows Clients keep finished jobs in Queue

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Mon Oct 4 09:07:28 GMT 2004

Hello list!

I couldn't track it down completly, but perhaps it's enaugh for the team
members...

The reason for this is, that the job notify messages are not send to the
client.
When the job is started, two PRINTER_NOTIFY2 messages are send to the client
(JOB_STATUS_QUEUED and JOB_STATUS_SPOOLING).

When the job is deleted (printing.c/pjob_delete()) another job status message
is queued (JOB_STATUS_DELETING|JOB_STATUS_DELETED). But this message never
goes out.

The next time, the "print_notify_messages()"-function is invoked (from the
timeout_processing()-function), the message coming out is a
MSG_PRINTER_UPDATE message, not a PRINTER_NOTIFY2.

It looks like the earlier message is overwritten before the process could
transmit it to the client.
As a workaround, the printjobs disappear, when a print_notify_send_messages(0)
- call is added to pjob_delete(). I don't think, that's the solution - I
don't have an idea about the side-effects.

I hope this points one of the gurus to the right direction.
Sorry for my english.

Greets,
Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de