[Samba] winbind "invalid request size" error

Tim sambalist at darkgate.net
Mon Oct 4 11:07:23 GMT 2004

Hi Samba gurus.

I'm running Samba 3.0.7 on linux.

This is driving me nuts, no matter what I do, I can't get rid of these:

[2004/10/04 11:02:01, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:process_loop(737)
  process_loop: Invalid request size from pid 16277: 1304 bytes sent, should be 1824
  This usually means that you are running old wbinfo, pam_winbind or
libnss_winbind clients
[2004/10/04 11:02:01, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:process_loop(737)
  process_loop: Invalid request size from pid 16279: 1304 bytes sent, should be 1824
  This usually means that you are running old wbinfo, pam_winbind or
libnss_winbind clients

I've even gone to the point of removing libnss_winbind.so.2 and
pam_winbind.so completely (i dont need them), yet still it complains.

I also search the list archives and one person suggested restarting
nscd, i tried that too (even turned it right off), yet still my winbind
logs are plagued with these bloody warnings.  Since im having other problems
getting samba working i'd like to rule this out as the problem.

Where else should i be looking?

Tim.