[Samba] Repost: ads_connect: No such file or directory

Johan de Vries johan.devries at bravilor.com
Mon Oct 4 06:19:44 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I like to ask my question again
Is there something known about this ?
The question is asked several times before in this group,
but so far I didn't find any answer to the question
Can somebody help me out ?

I want to have Samba join a win2000 active directory
I am using samba-3.0.7
This is compiled on a RedHat 9 machine with:
--prefix=/usr
--localstatedir=/var
--with-configdir=/etc/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba
--with-fhs
--with-quotas
--with-msdfs
--with-smbmount
--with-ads
--with-pam
--with-pam_smbpass
--with-syslog
--with-utmp
--with-sambabook=/usr/share/swat/using_samba
--with-swatdir=/usr/share/swat
--with-libsmbclient
--with-winbind
--with-winbind-auth-challenge

When I do a: net ads join -Uadministrator
I get:
[2004/10/01 13:21:07, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(183)
  ads_connect: No such file or directory

It appears the file: ads_connect is missing
Where is ads_connect coming from ?
Do I need more compile options ?

Kerberos 1.2.7-10 is installed (rpm) including the development (rpm)
OpenLdap 2.0.27-8  is installed (rpm) including the development (rpm)