[Samba] RE: MS Access XP and samba print queues

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Fri Oct 1 16:41:45 GMT 2004

> Our users are having problems "Creating reports in design view"
> in MS Access when the default printer is a samba queue.  As soon
> as you change the default printer to a non samba queue, everything
> works fine.

In my case this happened on one of our samba shared printers
that we forgot to initialize the printer device mode (with the
landscape/portrait apply method).  How to do this is described
in detail in the howto.  After initializing the device mode for
Samba things worked for the clients like they should.

GL,
~ Daniel