[Samba] Useradd doesn't accept dollar sign ($) and "add machine script" doesn't work

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Nov 30 19:25:49 GMT 2004

>I have set up a Fedora Core 3 machine with Samba 3.0.9 to act as a PDC file and print server.  Everything

<snip>

>"invalid user name 'SPRUCE$'".  I can add the user without the dollar sign, then go in and edit

There was a thread about this started mid last week under the title
"Fedora Core 3 and Samba".  It appears to be a shift that RedHat has
made, and is going back and changing now.  Take a look at that thread
please.

Search is your friend.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322