[Samba] Domain authentication failing after a period of time

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Nov 30 16:55:49 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:23:23AM -0500, William R. Knox wrote:
> OK, I've now downgraded back to an older, formerly working version of
> Samba (3.0.2a), and the same behavior is still happening (i.e. after
> rejoining the domain, it works for 15 minutes and then stops with a
> NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS error). I tried adding the domain after
> deleting the secrets.tdb file with Samba up and with it down, and it
> always has the same effect. I even uninstalled samba, blew away the
> secrets.tdb file, had the machine account removed from the domain, waited
> overnight to confirm that the machine account would be removed across the
> domain, reinstalled samba, rejoined the domain, and restarted samba. Same
> dang problem.
>
> Is there anything else that anyone can suggest that I try?

Ok, I hate to see you in such a bind. Can you set an ethereal
trace running to monitor the DC for the 15 minutes, and see
what, if anything is going between the Samba server and DC.

I must confess I haven't been following your problem but this
can't be impossible to solve (famous last words :-).

Jeremy.