[Samba] Re: A little help with nss_ldap - User xxx in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

Robert Silvia coolhand1977 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 22:44:39 GMT 2004

I've given up on Yast... it doesn't always catch dependences; refusing
to install something with no message indicting why.

I found that installing apt from guru's rpm site is the best way to go
in terms of updates and installing additional software.

I know I will no longer use Suse as a server,

I'm sure if I purchased the enterprise addition with all the support it
would be a very nice solution; but without the support it is very
frustrating.

I do however enjoy it as a desktop (well 9.2 at least) for my laptop,
their replacement for acpi works very well with my laptop's speed stepping.

Robert