[Samba] Re: A little help with nss_ldap - User xxx in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Nov 26 22:20:46 GMT 2004

Robert Silvia wrote:
> I can say this if Tomak is using Suse then this may very well be how
> Suse built the package.
>
> I left suse for this exact reason, a perfect example of how they changed
> Samba's "ldap ssl = "parameter
>
> for what ever reason they set this parameter to relate to start_tls /
> false instead of start_tls / off.
>
> so they may have change other settings as well.
>
> Using redhat 9 %u works as it should.
>
> I can't begin to explain the nightmares I had setting up cyrus on suse
> because of all the proprietary settings they have.

Indeed. The more and more I use it, the more and more I begin to dislike
it, because of the simple issues with it (like not working Webmin if not
updated, downgrading performed by Yast in order to install something,
just to upgrade right after that, wiping out your /etc/resolv.conf by
Yast etc.).

Tomek