[Samba] Re: A little help with nss_ldap - User xxx in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

Robert Silvia coolhand1977 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 14:37:41 GMT 2004

Tomak,

I just tested your settings and they seem to be working.

The auth takes much longer now, maybe because it is working.

When checking shares the getpwnam does not even get called any more.

I noticed many SMB_VFS, NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_OBJECT in the log, I guess
that let's me know VFS was complied in my binary.

How is the ldap.conf in the /etc/ directory different then the one found
in /etc/openldap/

When I check the MAN page only /etc/openldap/ldap.conf comes up, I'm
curious about the other options I am seeing in the other ldap.conf
located in the /etc/ directory.

Most of the I can make an educated guess as to their function, but it
would be nice to have a verified definition of some of these parameters.

--

Anyway thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Robert