[Samba] Weird group mapping problem

Bostjan Müller neonatus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 19:57:52 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

I have a weird problem on samba 3.0.6 with group mapping. I am running
samba as PDC with smbpasswd pwd backend.

I have added some groups with 'net groupmap {add,modify} ntgroup=...
unixgroup=...'
and as it seems the linux machines see the mapping (via winbind) just
fine (pam_winbind is also set up) and if I do 'id username' I do see
the user as member of the "Domain Admins" group. If I login into a
windows XP machine as that same user the user is a member of every
other group, just not the Domain Admins.

Did anyone else experience any behaviour like this?
If so, does anyone know what I did wrong, or what I could do to fix it?

Regards,
Bostjan
--
buhdej evridej