[Samba] Mixed domain types - ADS.

Rashaad S. Hyndman IslandBwoy at ToughGuy.net
Tue Nov 23 19:03:48 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have a question that seems to be an issue when authenticating users for
ADS.  Before we went to AD we had a 2k domain called Enterprise.  Since then
we created a domain called Corporated.net and all went well. Now i'm trying
to add my samba server to that domain but when users log in with their old
accounts (ie. Enterprise\username) the Samba server does not authenticate
that user against the DC.  How do i let samba know that my CorporateD.net
and Enterprise domain users should be authenticated against the same DC?

Thanks in advance,
R.