[Samba] Net error

Lars Roland lroland at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 13:51:44 GMT 2004

Hi i have compiled samba 3.0.8 on redhat 7.3 with the folowing configuration:

-------------------------------
./configure --prefix=/usr \
		--libdir=/usr/lib/samba \
		--with-libdir=/usr/lib/samba \
		--with-swatdir=/usr/share/doc/swat \
		--localstatedir=/var \
		--with-piddir=/var/run/samba \
		--with-lockdir=/var/cache/samba \
		--with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba \
		--sysconfdir=/etc/samba \
		--with-configdir=/etc/samba \
		--with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private \
		--enable-static \
		--enable-shared \
		--with-manpages-langs=en \
		--without-spinlocks \
		--with-libsmbclient \
		--with-automount \
		--with-smbmount \
		--with-winbind \
		--with-quotas \
		--with-syslog \
		--with-idmap \
		--with-acl-support \
		--with-ldap \
		--with-ads
-------------------------------

The compilation works ok and I can join a domain using rpc, but if I
use ads then I get

-------------------------------
[root at x2scan root]# net ads join Computers -W SOFTCOM -U addtodomain
addtodomain's password:
[2004/11/19 14:38:07, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(186)
  ads_connect: No such file or directory
[root at x2scan root]#
-------------------------------

Why do this error ocure ?, I have used the same options before so I am
sure that it must work (that is, smb.conf is configured 100% correct
so the problem does not lie there, also I have a debian sarge
installation that can join the same domain with the same command using
ads). My gues is that the "net" command uses a libary, that I have not
placed in the right directory, can I check this somehow ?.

Another solution would be to install a precompiled rpm of samba 3.0.8
on redhat 7.3, but I have not been able to find one that is configuret
with ads and ldap support, does anyone know if such an rpm exists
somewhere on the web ?.

Regards.

Lars Roland