[Samba] Problem with "include=smb.%U.conf"

F. Latorre flatorre at serbal.pntic.mec.es
Mon Nov 15 20:40:40 GMT 2004

Hi,

We have a similar problem, a lot of users with a lot of shares.
We solve this with simlinks in home directory of each user. Each user
has a tailored bunch of symlinks in his home directory, so we don't need
many shares.
Each directory accesed via symlink has an owner and a group, and we
setup the sticky bit and SGID bit in its permissions, so the users can
read, write, an modify but not delete and rename files in that
directory. Each user is member only of the needed groups.