[Samba] Migrating to samba 3.07

Melvin Wong melvin at muvee.com
Fri Nov 12 12:57:50 GMT 2004

Hi,
I am currently migrating my current samba 2.x PDC without ldap backend to a new machine running samba 3.07 PDC with ldap backend. On the new machine, I have managed to setup samba 3.07 PDC with ldap backend successfully under a new domain name. The problem now is how do I migrate all the users profiles, smbpasswd etc. and be transparent to the users at the same time to the new PDC. Is there any tools available? I have also forgot to set the domain sid to the old one, so it there anyway to change all the sid to the old sid? My users have their profiles set as local in their PC and when I changed the new PDC domain name to the old domain name, a new profile is created instead of recognizing their local profile. Really appreciate if someone can help me in this. Thanks!

melvin