[Samba] Improper link handling?

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Tue Nov 9 23:41:26 GMT 2004

Samba supports links now, right?  I was recently experimenting with a
setup for cross-platform access to a user's FireFox bookmarks.
Unfortunately, FireFox overwrites the link to the bookmarks file on
exit. How is this possible if Samba is interpreting the link correctly?
  Shouldn't the file that the bookmarks link points to be overwritten
instead?  Both the link and the file are on the same share and it is
described as follows:

samba-server-3.0.6-4.1.100mdk

> [homes]
>         comment = Home Directories
>         valid users = %S
>         read only = No
>         hide special files = Yes
>         browseable = No
>         vfs objects = recycle
>         recycle:repository = ./Desktop/Trash
>         recycle:noversions = *.doc|*.xls|*.ppt
>         recycle:excludedir = /tmp|/temp|/cache
>         recycle:exclude = *.tmp|*.temp|*.o|*.obj|~$*|*.~??
>         recycle:maxsize = 0
>         recycle:versions = Yes
>         recycle:touch = Yes
>         recycle:keeptree = Yes

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings @ hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844  |
| Y!: j_c_llings            Jabber: jcllings @ njs.netlab.cz	|