[Samba] TCP_NODELAY

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Tue Nov 9 17:28:00 GMT 2004

Well... I see what happened.

I went digging and see that the problem (relating to the duplicate
definition of TCP_NODELAY and TCP_MAXSEG) was "fixed" as a result of bug
1065. However, though the fix (changes to includes.h, one example being
the section starting at line 312, another starting at line 371, and the
last starting at 399) looks sane to me, there appears to be a problem with
it. TCP_NODELAY does not get defined at all in my setup. I suspect the
same is true of TCP_MAXSEG, but I don't know what that's used for, if
anything. It looks like even though it is supposed to be getting defined
2x (and that is the reason for all of the #undef's), it seems to be
getting #undef'd 2x also, instead of just once and then redefined.

Since TCP_NODELAY is reported to be a performance enhancer, I certainly
don't want to go without it (or at least, I don't /think/ I do).

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630