[Samba] smbfs

Sebastien Hould thechains at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 01:26:10 GMT 2004

I have several smbfs mounts on different servers which I would like to
automatically reconnect to the share if ever the file server
shutsdown.  Basically the problem I have is our snapAppliance NAS
takes roughly 10 minute to boot.  2 nights ago we had power failure
and UPS problems and all our server rebooted.  Since our regular
RedHat Linux servers booted before our NAS the smbfs mountpoints in
fstab did not mount.  I would like them to keep on retrying until they
get to mount (in our case until the NAS has booted).  Is there any
switch that I can use with smbfs for that purpose.

Thanks