[Samba] A (maybe)_ easy solution to global login script for group checking

Amadeus poff at sixbit.org
Sun May 23 02:35:54 GMT 2004

Hello

While searching the archives and googling for :

-login script to map drives according to group membership

I saw lots of complicated solutions (on-the-fly scripts, group directories)
etc. but the following works very well for me:

I downloade dthe ifmember.exe from the microsoft website, and stuck it in
the netlogon directory (not the scripts directory)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/new/ifmember-o.asp

Then the script is:

@echo off

ifmember "DOMAIN\group1"

if not errorlevel 1 goto group2

net use r: \\SERVER\group1files

:group2
ifmember "DOMAIN\group2"

if not errorlevel 1 goto group3

net use s: \\SERVER\group2files

:group3

So according toi group the network drives get mapped. It's all in one login
script and makes things easy!

I couldn't find this in the archives so I thought I'd share this.

What's nice is that you have the ifmember only on the server.

Hope it's not just repeating something I missed somewhere,

Amadeus

poff at sixbit.org