[Samba] Single logins, preexec, roaming profiles

Amadeus poff at sixbit.org
Sun May 23 02:29:24 GMT 2004

Hello,

I've read the mailing list archives and see there are people interested in
enforcing a single login per user policy.

I have a root preexec script as follows in my netlogon share (and
everywhere else after that didn't work!):

#!/bin/sh
smbstatus -bu $1 | awk -v uname="$1" '$2 == uname { exit 1 }'

If a user is logged in, it's exits with a status of 1 (which is seen in
log.smbd) but even with :

root preexec close = yes

in the netlogon share users can still log in.

This is an issue with roaming profiles...

Anyone have and ideas?

Thanks

Amadeus

ps. I found this:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/1998-May/001211.html

Looks good! I guess there was no followup?

poff at sixbit.org