[Samba] Printing not working after upgrading to 3.0.4

Skip Morrow skip-samba at pelorus.org
Sat May 22 22:54:26 GMT 2004

I had been running Samba to share my HP printer among my Windows XP clients.
When I upgraded to 3.0.4, I can no longer print.  When I start the print job
in Windows XP, the printer lights blinks for a few seconds, and then stops.
No pages come out.  The print job is shown as complete in the CUPS web
intrface.  Printing from the Linux box works just fine.  I read the Samba
pages concerning printing, and the chapter on CUPS, but I don't see anything
that could cause this problem.  The share is still listed in smbclient, and I
have tried re-installing the printer from Windows.