[Samba] Server swapover

Mike Stewart mike at powys-training.co.uk
Thu May 20 08:10:50 GMT 2004

Hi, just a quickie I hope...

Yesterday I replaced my Samba 2.2.7a server (PTServer) with a Samba 2.2.8a server (PTSamba). Two completely separate machines.

I have been able to access shares on both for the past 6 months.  I transferred all users' data files over, ran netconfig to swap over the Linux network settings, edited smb.conf to change the Samba server names.  Rebooted both.  I can access the shares on the "new" server but now can't get into any on the "old" server - keeps asking for and rejecting my username and password which worked before the swapover.

I can't understand why just one is rejecting me !  I've even tried removing my username/password from Linux & smbpasswd on the old machine are recreating myself... still can't get in.

Any ideas?  I'm a little confused (as usual)  :-))

TVM

Mike

---