[Samba] Re: Problem upgrading to 3.0.4 and ArcServe

Shane Drinkwater Shane_Drinkwater at pa-ucl.com
Wed May 19 18:34:14 GMT 2004

Hello,
I have the same problem. Since Version 3.0.3 of Samba. ArcServ Doesn't
login. I have tried to reference other
valid Domain user buy using CSQ\Administrator, CSQ\shane and the proper
passwords in the ArcServ Backup Screen(Please see attached pic). I am
running Fedora Core 1 on my Test Server with Samba 3.0.4.
My ArcServ version is a 9.0. Running on Windows 2000 Server SP4
 my Smb.conf is -->
#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
#=================================Domain Control options=======
        local master = no
        domain master = no
        preferred master = no
#================================================================
        large readwrite = yes
        hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 172.27.0.0/16
        #lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
        #lpq cache time = 60
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/
        dns proxy = no
        netbios name = testbackup
        write cache size = 128000
        writeable = yes
        workgroup = CSQ
        os level = 0
        #printcap name = /etc/printcap
        security = domain
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        #smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        #load printers = yes
        wins server = 172.27.1.17
        null passwords = yes
        interfaces = 172.27.1.21/24
        #map to guest = bad user
        encrypt passwords = yes
        public = yes
        #admin users = CSQ+Administrator
        #printing = lprng
        #printer admin = @CSQ+Administrator, at CSQ+"Programmers", at CSQ+"Domain
Admins", at CSQ+"Domain Users", at CSQ+"PA Doctors"
        server string = Samba Server
        password server = *
        guest only = yes
#==========================Domain Controller======================
        winbind cache time = 60
        winbind separator = +
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        winbind gid = 10000-20000
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
        template shell = /bin/bash
#===============================================================
[public]
   comment = Public Stuff
   path = /home/samba/public
   public = yes
   writeable = yes
   create mode = 755

Please note that the share I am testing with has public = yes. ArcServ will
still not mount the dir.
Jerry I also tried the patches and Samba-3.0.4. Still no connection. What
has Change from 3.0.2a to 3.0.3 and 3.0.4??
Further more what can I do to fix the problem...
					Thank you for your time.....
							Shane