[Samba] Re: Problem upgrading to 3.0.4 and ArcServe

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Wed May 19 19:12:25 GMT 2004

Hi Shane,

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Shane Drinkwater wrote:

> Hello, I have the same problem. Since Version 3.0.3 of Samba. ArcServ
> Doesn't login. I have tried to reference other valid Domain user buy
> using CSQ\Administrator, CSQ\shane and the proper passwords in the
> ArcServ Backup Screen(Please see attached pic). I am running Fedora Core
> 1 on my Test Server with Samba 3.0.4.  My ArcServ version is a 9.0.

I'd be willing to bet that this problem is in the Winbind bug included in
Samba 3.0.3 and 3.0.4.  A fix for this bug is included in the Fedora
packages I recently built, assuming you're on a RedHat-like platform:

  http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-May/086234.html

There's also a link to the patch for compiling against a .tar.gz'ball.

Hope this helps.

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson