[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 PDC w/ LDAP - XP client

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Wed May 19 14:43:11 GMT 2004

Hello,

Mittwoch, 19. Mai 2004, 01:35 I wrote:

SGW> Managed to join my DOMAIN yesterday but right now no chance.

Solved that !

After editing smb.conf for the Xth time I somehow had removed the "add
user script"-line which I had earlier yanked in from the
smbldap-tools-template.

What an experience ;-)

Things I still want to get clear about include:

- Right now my XP-box has the registry changed (SignOrSeal ...)
because I somewhere read about that. Necessary or not? (I will test
that ...)

- Should smbldap-populate get edited to create root with uidnumber=0?

- Should smbldap-populate get edited to use the same ou-Container for
Users AND Computers?

These are things that could easily get included in the docs and this
would prevent LDAP-PDC-starters from banging their heads against it

thank you !

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger